Dated by Pevsner to 1717, the Unitarian Meeting House is a Grade II listed, two storey building of brick construction with a three bay frontage. Only one of the original galleries survives, forming a first 'floor' mezzanine.
This striking building required significant attention to its external brickwork: 1950's cement pointing was to be removed and every façade completely re-pointed with lime mortar to restore the building's appearance. The original slates were removed and partly salvaged to re-lay whilst the roof received an upgrade to its insulation and structure.
Internally, the layout of the Meeting House was significantly altered and updated, including relocating the listed pews and pulpit. New boundary railings were installed at the front of the property with a hard landscaping scheme which reinstated the stone pathway from the pavement to the front door.
|Location||Suffolk – heritage market town|
|Partners||Tim Buxbaum Architect|